Tuesday 13 November 2012

Experience with Sony …



Exactly, I’m going to start to talk about Electronics already.

My experience with Sony electronics goes as far as about 14 years ago where Sony Vaio laptop with Windows 98 was kind of great portable with good graphics “I think it was 16 MB that time” …


I remember someone buying that laptop from Dubai before the “Whoop” uprising of that city, so actually it wasn't my laptop, but I was spoiled enough at that time to get my hands on it whenever I wanted to.

As I already had a desktop 95 to play cards with … this laptop was like a major upgrade, I remember playing Age of Empires on it.

it was Sony S series, the ones with 13.3 inch i remember, so it was quite nicely weighted.

Also laptops weren't so noticed around me at that time, so that was quite an advantage to learn more about them at an early time for me, so from time to time I was tweaking it to check the contents inside and so on.
It was interesting in a way that lead me to think that electronics is something I wanted to know more about, plus some of my family members were into electronics as well which helped me even more.

Internet as I remember was as slow as it could be at that time, so there wasn't much to do on an internet that slow, then it did improve after a while, hence provided some new sources of information for me.

Interesting processors were as much as a Single core Intel Pentium with 512 Ram, that wasn't much to compare with now, but at that time that was quicker than my Windows 95 laptop “lol”.
I believe Sony isn't as good as it used to be these days with laptops, I would prefer Toshiba and I would talk about my other laptops in the upcoming posts.

Note: I will try to find the picture of that old Sony Laptop as I recall I had one of it before.

See you on my next post …

No comments:

Post a Comment