Friday 16 November 2012

Smartphones ... My own experience



I guess I write better about technology than travelling, or maybe because I’m an Engineer and I’m more into hardware and these kinds of things …

So, today my thoughts are about smartphones, as today I had an interesting chat with what appears to be the 1st person I know now that has an interest in what’s inside smartphones than being interested in only their looks and outer specification.


It was interesting actually to talk to a software geek “with due respect to my friend” … who knew about Java and some developing things in Android, because of two things:
1.   It was the 1st time for me to talk to a software IT student who was interested in Android … I do know some who are interested in Java but not in Android “as they have IPhones instead … lol”.
2.   That I wanted to know more about that kind of topic, that’s why I had a thought to write about it today … or at least express myself.
So, Android is open source software; meaning you can play with source code of the operating system of your device and make it as you like, on your own terms of course, ok I admit … It’s geeky as I said before … “lol”.

But the boundaries it can reach are really amazing, as you can optimize the hardware “frankly overclock speeds”, ok that sentence was for geeks, with all due respect to others … “haha” … I’m open to questions if you wish …

And no, I’m not doing advertisement for Google or Android … “lol”; I’m only expressing what I experienced with developing my Android where you can make your Android device better than its Factory form, way better, from response speed to visual effects …

I’m sure Apple fans are interested in even changing their ringtone, which can be done with the help of the customer relations … “lol” … with all due respect to them.

Or blackberry fellas who might be interested in more visual things like games and other stuff … all respect though … they’re all nice devices.

So, what do we use our smartphones for? Whether they were Android, Apple IOS, or Blackberry … apart from checking shopping websites for “you know who” … “lol” … and “calls, sms, mms” obviously …

For me … apart from changing the code and its speed or visual effect every week at least, I’m always with the map; yeah improving my geography you’d say … “haha” … and as I like numbers I always use the calculator or converter … “lol”

So I wonder what smartphones will be like in 5 or 10 years’ time, I’m sure it’s going to be all integrated in one, like a convertible laptop/tablet which can be used as a phone or even better … mmm… interesting …


As I always say …we’ll wait and see … only time will tell

Thanks for checking this out … subscribe if you like to know more and see you on my next post …

No comments:

Post a Comment